Following the journey of award winning author, Alex Azar, as he travels the publishing world and all things interesting. To reproduce or publish any material found within this blog, please contact me at azarrising@hotmail.com

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rejection Letter #2

The first letter I posted was the first rejection I received, but moving forward, I'll be posting them in no particular order. Frankly, I can't recall what order they came in.


Alex Azar,

Thank you for your giving us the opportunity to read No Lights. Sadly, we regret to inform you that we are declining acceptance at this time. The idea was very interesting and we could see the inspiration from the Slaves on Dope song, but overall we felt the story itself wasn’t quite the right fit for Rock is Dead. Thank you again and we wish you the best of luck placing this story in another market. We do our best to reply in a timely manner so please report our response time at Duotrope’s Digest http://www.duotrope.com.
****** & ******


This story was doomed to be rejected for this particular anthology from the moment I submitted it.  The anthology was calling for dark/horror stories that were inspired by music.  And while I still feel the story fits the theme of the anthology, it was not inspired by any song in particular.  I had to google random themes from the story and find a song that could fit.  I found a song called Kafka Bug by Slaves on Dope, a song I never heard of before, and not really the type of song I like, but again it fit.  I don't know if the editors were able to tell that I put that together last minute, or if they actually felt that the story wasn't quite right.


In any case, I still like the story and currently have it out for a different submission.  If it doesn't make it, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment