Following the journey of award winning author, Alex Azar, as he travels the publishing world and all things interesting. To reproduce or publish any material found within this blog, please contact me at azarrising@hotmail.com

Friday, October 29, 2010

Rejection #3


Dear Mr. Azar:

Thank you for your interest in publication with Drollerie Press. Unfortunately, LIQUID MARBLE is not quite right for us at this time. We wish you every success in finding a home for it. That said, I really enjoyed certain aspects of your voice and hope you will submit to us again.

Sincerely,
***** ******
Senior Editor,
Vice President of Communications

Liquid Marble is the first story I wrote for a series of paranormal detective stories about a character I have. I'm very happy with the development of the series, and plan on putting together anywhere between 12-15 stories about this one character into a single book. This series has been my focus for the past bit, and while I'm disappointed that it was rejected, but am glad of the encouraging words. I currently have another of the detective stories submitted to the same publisher, lets hope that it doesn't join this list of rejections.

No comments:

Post a Comment