Following the journey of award winning author, Alex Azar, as he travels the publishing world and all things interesting. To reproduce or publish any material found within this blog, please contact me at azarrising@hotmail.com

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And the holidays are upon us.

I decided to watch some TV today while relaxing, and if I had forgotten that Thanksgiving was only a few days ago, TV quickly reminded me that we are officially in the "Holiday Season."  Being a Christian, it's the Christmas season in my mind but apparently that's not PC any more.  So I have to admonish an employee if they say Merry Christmas to a customer, even if they know they're Christian.  But I wonder if they'd equally be wrong for say Happy Hanukkah to a Jewish customer, but I'd rather not have to deal with that H.R. nightmare, so "Happy Holidays" it is to everyone, but I digress...

To my actual point, I saw a commercial for Robert Zemeckis' A Christmas Carol, and couldn't help but shake my head thinking, 'those aren't the right ghosts'.  I think most people from my generation will agree that the three ghosts of Christmas, are supposed to look like this:



and


For those of you who don't know these characters, they are the ghosts from the movie Scrooged starring Bill Murray, in my opinion, the best rendition of 'A Christmas Carol'.  I give a strong recommendation to all those that haven't seen, to watch it this Christmas Season.

If you're Jewish, I guess you can settle for Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy nights or songs like this;


Unable to end on a Jewish note, I present to you various holiday light shows;

Haloween:

Black Friday:

Christmas:

Merry Christmas, have a good one, and remember the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger;
"If you give a man a jingle, he will jingle for a day. If you teach a man to jingle, he will jingle all the way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment