Following the journey of award winning author, Alex Azar, as he travels the publishing world and all things interesting. To reproduce or publish any material found within this blog, please contact me at azarrising@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rejection 11: Remember Me

The following is a rejection I received recently.  Aside from the typical lack of details, this rejection bothers me because I really thought the story is what the editor was looking for, but clearly not.

Dear Alex Azar,


Thank you for sending us "Remember Me". We appreciate the chance to read it. Unfortunately, the piece is not for us.

Thanks again. Best of luck with this.

Sincerely,

S**** M*K*****
PHP

Notice the plug and play rejection.  I understand these editors have many stories to cycle through, but a little personalization would be appreciated.  In any case, look forward to reading this story on the blog in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment